Friday, July 29, 2011

Arizona

This weekend I received some pretty bad news. My family’s vacation to Arizona has officially been canceled due to my mother’s hysteria over the recent dust storms that have hit that area. It all started last Tuesday night when the dust storms began to hit Arizona and took the electric power and ability to see with it. The dust storm started in Tucson and was a part of the Arizona monsoon season, beginning at  5,000 feet when it reached Phoenix  and ultimately reaching a height of around 8,000 to 10,000 feet. I believe that my mother wanted to go to Arizona so bad because of its geographical location in the Sun Belt. The reason so many people like to be in warm places like Arizona is because of its near constant sunshine which promotes happiness, rather than the dreariness we’ve seen in the Twilight town of Forks, Washington. I like Arizona because of the warmth’s ability to make me feel at ease, and I believe that when an area is so hot people do not have as much energy to commit crimes and act in anger since the heat makes your body want to be inside the coolness of a building or just relaxing (my idea of sleeping) outside. All I can say is thanks a lot dust storm, because you have officially ruined my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment